Search This Blog!

Monday, February 10, 2014

DMTV Movelist

Let's try to keep at least one thing I write short and sweet.
Status: Ongoing-- The next video will be for Microman, Aska, Megatron & Bomberman
This playlist is a bit strange. It's sort of a next-best thing sort of dealie. I'm one of the only people that I know of that puts up videos of Dream Mix TV World Fighters (ドリームミックスTV ワールドファイターズ) for the Nintendo GameCube. It's kind of... a poor man's Super Smash Bros., but in some regards, it's actually a much better idea. Also the fact that it is from more than one universe is a precursor to the guest characters in Smash Bros. from other companies. DMTV is a crossover between Takara-Tomy, Hudson and Konami. 
The moves in the game are kind of weird because there's no smash attacks, but you have diagonal attacks, and not every character has the same amount of special moves-- some characters are just inherently more varied in their movesets than others. Take Tyson from Beyblade (木ノ宮タカオ) for example, he only has one special attack (Think character specific abilities in Smash Bros.: your B attacks). No matter what, he just throws Dragoon out. You can charge the attack, yes, but it's still just one attack. Then there is Manjimaru (卍丸), who has a stance change ability, giving him twice the total moves of the other characters in the game. 
In this regard, the game is not really balanced, but the way that you, for lack of a better term, we'll refer to it as 'take damage' in the game, is the same for every character. When you are hit, you lose hearts, that other players can grab to keep themselves alive. After 2-3 hits, no matter what, your character will be knocked down. This works in pretty much any case except for Licca-chan's (リカちゃん) heart steal ability, which doesn't actually hit you, just steals hearts. Anyway, I'm telling you so much about the way the game plays because of how this series has played out. 
Originally I got a request to do a combo video in this game, but it's basically impossible specifically because of the way you take damage that I have just described. You can't really do anything special because moves cannot be canceled and after two or three hits, your character will fall down. So the next best thing I could think of was to make a couple videos with the movelists. I've gotten quite a few requests in this game in the past, so I figured it would only be natural for me to teach other prospective players how to play as well. 
I won't post any of the videos from this series on this post because since they are sort-of a request, I have already posted some and will continue to post more in the future in my About Requests entry. The person who gave me this request is actually an ex-member of TeamRushdown, and although PlutoKnight and I no longer talk, I will continue to finish this series. It doesn't get a lot of views, but it's only fair I do what I set out to do, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment