Search This Blog!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Couples' Co-Op

It's been kind of a while since I wrote my last entry, but believe me, I haven't forgotten about the blog! So let's get to it!
Couples' Co-Op
Status: Ongoing-- needs editing and upload, but the foundation has been laid!
So, as you might have guessed, this is a duo project! Aaaaand, as you may have guessed, this series is gonna mostly be about me and Liz playing games together. There's a lot I have to teach her about video games, since she's basically just a baby when it comes to them, but there's also a lot I have to learn-- we have to learn about each other, as people too! Naturally, I feel like a great way to learn how someone thinks is to try to cooperate with them in a... low-impact environment? Hah, what gamer thinks they're in a low-impact environment. Pfffffttt...
But yeah! This will be a whole new series where me and Liz play games together. I actually already at this point in time have the first portion of the footage for the first game already, I just need to edit it! We're going to start with Ibb & Obb, and then we'll be moving on to Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. If you're interested, we actually did some test runs via the demos for these two games on my Twitch channel already. We're still going to do some Skylanders stuff here and there because we both love it, but at this point, we're gonna try our hand at making it through Ibb & Obb and Brothers first! I think we're well on our way through Ibb & Obb though, and it has been awesome!
I have some plans beyond these two Let's Plays though, don't get me wrong! I'm hoping at some point to include some more couples in on the action! I'm looking to grab Tethrinblaze and his fiancee and my buddy Taka, with whom I did the Mojibakeru videos, and his girlfriend into the action as well. I'm planning on at some point getting a four player round of Pokemon Rumble on the Wii going. I think that'd be absolutely great! 
You may think it's silly to try and be closer to someone while you learn about them by playing video games, but let me tell you, it really does work. Video games have certainly helped me make and become better friends with plenty of people over the years, even if most of the people I play with think my choices in general are somewhat... Less than stellar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment