Search This Blog!

Monday, August 4, 2014

MUGEN, I missed you

I've got a lot of games, that much is certain. There's not a lot of them that I actually go back to once I stop playing them, there has to be some crazy urge or pull towards them if I'm going to go back. However, there's only one real engine that I work with, and that's MUGEN. I guess with infinite possibilities, there's always something new to come back to, though I haven't really thought about anything regarding it in a while.
I had a bunch of characters waiting to be tested and I've been compiling a collection of stages to try out, for basically years. I finally went back in and put all the new characters in and playtested them, and now I'm working on adding the stages, which is a lengthy process for me. Actually adding them isn't really a problem, it's finding themes and characters to go on them. For every stage in my MUGEN, I've got a base theme, and then two characters that will appear on that stage in arcade mode and they have their own themes, and it takes me literal hours to find the right themes for most of these guys. All that work, but when it just feels right... That feeling is amazing. I think you could only get that kind of feeling with an engine that you can work with, it's not the same as customizing a character in an already complete game. 
Anyway, I'm actually getting through a lot of the stages in the folder, and I'm ready to jump back in to MUGEN on the regular as well, so you can expect quite a few new matches up on my channel in the near future. I realized recently that I started my channel basically as a MUGEN-only channel, and once I got my first EasyCap, I kinda just stopped caring about MUGEN. 
I've still got a ton of requests, and also tons more stuff since I last had a video up. A lot has changed in my life since I first started YouTube, but I still do play MUGEN, and I intend to go back to it. I have been playing faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too many shooters lately, and I would love to get back into fighting games. What better way to head back into fighters than to play one with everything I love?

No comments:

Post a Comment