Search This Blog!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

This year's tournament

This year's birthday party tournament ended up going waaaaay differently than I had originally anticipated. I picked a simple game (It was Super Mario War in case any of you guys n gals missed it) that was four players and I thought it would be easy-peasy. The tournaments always take up a lot of time and it's incredibly difficult for us to rearrange the brackets for people that show up in the middle. Usually these issues can be dealt with in a timely fashion but this year they weren't... It ended up taking something absurd like 2 hours just to get the brackets down and they weren't even right at the end. 

Everyone seemed to show up real late this year (Even though I generally compensate by telling people to come 2-3 hours before I actually want them here, a lot of people showed up after the tournament was even supposed to start. I either need to get more timely friends or make the tournaments later in the future... I honestly expected more people to want to join the tournament from the get-go but we had a lower number of entrants than I think we ever have had before? You'd think the simpler and more recognizable the game the more people would want to join, right? Apparently not. 

In any case, the ten matches (THERE WERE JUST SUPPOSED TO BE THREE MATCHES THIS YEAR, EASY-PEASY) from the Super Mario War tournament should be highlighted and up and running on my YouTube channel this Friday (9/30). I'm going to have to either run more tournaments so that I can get a better feel for what's going on and streamline the process, or get people to tell me beforehand if they're going to play or not, so we can do the brackets earlier. Either way, I did have fun, and for the first time I think, ever? I won my own tournament (Even though, y'know, I shouldn't have been in the finals anyway... hahahaha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment