Search This Blog!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Time to double down!

Holy shit guys and gals, I'm writing a blog entry! It's been what, something stupid like three months? Well, that just means I have something I actually want to talk to y'all about (Well, realistically I'm going to throw a block of text at you should you feel like reading it). Anyway, I've been talking to a few friends lately about the prospect of moving. The end goal since I got to this house has definitely been to move. That makes sense, doesn't it? I think that's everyone's goal when they live with their family. 
For some reason I have had this feeling that last year was going to be my last big birthday party, but I dunno anymore. Maybe that'll change. I did however have a conversation about the future of my YouTube stuff with a couple friends lately. One of the biggest problems I feel I will have once I move is being able to collaborate on videos. Large events are going to be even more of a pain than they already are (I'm talking stuff like Okamigakure Plays and our Tournaments). The first friend I talked to suggested I just make a new network. 
I don't mean partnership network here, obviously. In this case I'm talking about a friend/gaming network that I will have access to wherever I am. While that's not exactly impossible, it does take time, and that's going to put a damper on big events for my channels. Not only will it take time to get it going, but it's also going to take time to build up trust and influence among those people, especially without a venue that is accessible to many. I have to trust those people to use my stuff without breaking it, to invite them into my residence, that kind of thing. The other component, with the influence portion, is that they have to know (of) you in order to draw them into an event. When you're new to a network you generally don't have that kind of authority unless you're exceptionally charismatic (While I do have somewhat of a magnetic personality, it generally attracts far more trouble than its worth, ha).
Anyway, in order to alleviate some of the stressors that may arise in the future, I think it's time I doubled down while I have the chance, and thus, I'm going to attempt to run 2 tournaments a year! Since we always have a tournament at my birthday party when everyone is around, I figure 6 months apart is a pretty good breakdown of times, right? Thus, this month we'll be our first tournament for the year, and the game of choice? Oh, it's a fan and friend favorite, URBAN REIGN. 
I invite all of you, regardless of where you are geographically, to tune in to my Twitch Channel on March 25th @ 5 PM EST for a tournament of champions!
I've got an event posted on the Okamigakure facebook page, which you can view here to remember when the fun begins: Urban Reign Tournament

If you can't be with us in person, I hope you'll join us live on the internets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment