Search This Blog!

Sunday, December 22, 2019

YouTube plans for 2020~!

Totally unintentional tilde in the title of this post but I'm gonna keep it because I'm excited! So I know the last 3 or 4 months have been incredibly slow for YouTube videos from me but I'm planning on changing at least SOME of that next year! I realize it's unrealistic for me to try and get a video to come out every single day, but I think I can at least keep the content flowing at a regular pace. I've been debating a lot about which channel to concentrate on the most these last few weeks, but I think I should actually be concentrating on what series should continue unabated. That being said, I am hopefully going to start off 2020 with 2 concurrent series. 

I think you all could probably guess one of them, the re-release of Unfair-Y Tales season 3! I intend to make sure the episodes come out reasonably early in the year, and hopefully I can release all 20 episodes in sequence, without any major breaks between episodes. I haven't actually started that process though, so... We'll have to see how well that ends up going. I might push back the start a few weeks so that I can create a buffer between when the last video is ready to go and when I need to start editing the next one(s). I might actually adopt that strategy with the second series that I want to keep up with, and that's my current let's play.

I've already stated in previous entries and on Twitter that the next Let's Play I'll be running is the story in Tekken 7. I was actually a lil' worried that it would be taxing on my desktop to record and play so I've decided that I'm going to record/edit it on my laptop instead. For the second time in my life, my laptop is actually a way more powerful machine than my desktop (newer too). Once Tekken 7's story gets knocked out of the way, I'll hopefully be able to take up the next ones in line without any difficulty. I think if I take a break between uploading between let's plays, I can create another buffer to keep myself safe and the content flowing. 

Now, I fully expect to have time to devote to other videos during the week besides the two ongoing series, and I think I've come up with a good system based on my notes to vary up the content a lil' bit. It's time I actually start using my notes, and I don't intend to have done all this extra work for naught! ... Also, if you want to hear about these notes I've been talking about, feel free to give my Patreon a gander! I know I haven't really advertised for it but I'm hoping to actually get my intro and thank you videos recorded and edited sometime in the near future. I'm going to be cycling through my various notes and series to really help with the "variety" portion of my gaming channel. There's so very much I want to show you guys 'n gals, I just haven't had the time or the energy to do so! 

Oh. And I fully intend to devote a TON of time this year to Battleborn content. Besides the fact that there's going to be A LOT of Battleborn content coming on Wednesdays via highlight uploads, I want to try and finish all the content that I still have yet to do before the games' servers get shuttered early in 2021... Battleborn is one of my absolute favorite games of all time, and I want to make sure that it has a legacy, even if you won't be able to play it anymore... 

That's pretty much the jist of my plans for YouTube in 2020. Both the Kage_Okami and Scott in Real Life channels have a TON of content coming down the pipeline and I wouldn't want any of y'all to miss out on any of that good stuff! ... Also, I'm not quite there yet BUT my gaming channel is just about to hit 1000 SUBS! That's so freakin' amazing I can't even begin to explain it to y'all... But I also intend for that to be the first of many milestones we can SMASH together, and I'm absolutely looking forward to it! 

Even with YouTube enacting policy change after policy change that seems to hurt its users, I don't foresee myself quitting any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment