Search This Blog!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Scheduling

HI EVERYBODY! I'd like to help sort out some details with my really confusing upload schedule. I happen to like lists so there are a ton of little side-rules and stuff based on what exactly I'll put up. 
Youtube Schedule
For baseline rules, I will upload up to 4 videos in one week, and up to two of the same game uploaded on the same day. I feel like otherwise I'm just oversaturating my audience. 
  • Sunday
Sundays are for vlogs and other things that involve mostly me and for the most part do not involve video games. Sunday is reserved for update vlogs, Unfair-Y Tales (when it begins, which is actually kind of soon, so stay tuned), and Otaku Hell episodes if we start working on it again      
  • Tuesday
Tuesdays are my general gameplay days, I upload anything that isn't a fighting game or a beat-em-up. Lately that has been SMITE and Super Smash Land (as I don't consider Super Smash Bros. games to be fighting games, they're more like 'party games' to me). Tuesday is also the designated day for Couples' Co-Op, which is released at 11 AM. I don't expect to ever play a fighting game together with Liz as that's not really something she's interested in. Maaaaaaybe a beat-em-up, but then it'd be released on Saturday. 
  • Wednesday
On Wednesdays I upload highlights from my Twitch every other week. Even though the games might be different, I generally upload only two at a time at max. The highlights that I upload are all longer than a minute, I skip over sending ones shorter than that to YouTube. They are uploaded in reverse chronological order, so as of now I'm trying to catch up with where I'm at right now. Regardless of genre if they're highlights from my Twitch channel they're going up on Wednesday. The only exceptions are when I put up entire runs of a game/demo. 
  • Saturday
Saturdays are my flagship day. I upload fighting games and beat-em-ups, since that's what I started my channel doing, and also the genre of game that I consider myself most attuned to. When I start the T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger LP, the episodes will be uploaded on Saturdays. You can expect MUGEN matches on Saturdays as well!
Twitch Schedule
My schedule on Twitch.tv is a little harder to manage, especially for me. As I don't really feel as though streaming is what I'm cut out for, nor do I have the necessary tech as of this moment to do it right, streaming is more of a secondary, maybe even tertiary activity for me. That being such, instead of coming up with a rigid schedule for it, I decided that I would stream after I've gone through two past broadcasts for highlights. Every other day I go through an hour of footage in one of my past streams looking for highlights. I realize that it's a lot harder for my audience to keep track of where I'm at in searching for highlights unless they ask constantly, so I try to make sure that I advertise when I'm going to stream via my Twitter, at least a day in advance. My family usually gets in the way of my streaming, so I try to provide updates between when I first say I'm going to stream and when I actually begin. Not only that, but I tend to play games that aren't in the database over on Twitch, so you wouldn't know I was streaming unless I advertised. 
So yeah, these are my two current schedules! I think that I'll probably keep both of these up at least through the end of the year, maybe indefinitely. I hope you all have a better idea of when I'm uploading. If you want to know why I chose any of these, it's because of data I had taken previously! I don't usually wing things like this, it's all about research! 
Just like Uncle on Jackie Chan Adventures always said "You must do MORE RESEARCH!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment