Search This Blog!

Monday, April 7, 2014

T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger

After much deliberation, I have decided what my next LP is going to be. A PS1 3D beat-em-up that goes by the name of
T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger
Status: Incubating
I know you might be trying to figure out why I picked a PS1 game, out of all my games to play through to completion, but... Let's face it, I'm basically a gaming hipster. "This game ain't popular? I LIKE IT!" While that is funny to think about, it's actually mostly true. I generally hate games that have a roaring hype-train just because they have one. 
I actually just recently finished the first Assassin's Creed and I'm kind of disgusted about the wonderful things I heard about it. I'm hoping trilogy II is better than this one was. It's the first game I have ever beaten, and literally as the credits rolled I said out loud "I'm gonna sell you." I've got the collector's (read: hoarder's) mentality, so to even bring myself to say that, you know the game must have really upset me. I'm gonna grab all the flags, so I never have a reason to come back, and then BYE BYE ALTAIR! 
I went off-topic again... Anyway, I picked T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger for many reasons other than "I'm going to enjoy every minute of it," like I did with Saints Row the Third. I started my YouTube channel with fighting games and beat-em-ups, and I realize that I've been diverging from my audience, even fighting them in some cases, at basically every step of the way lately. This needs to stop if I hope to rekindle the fire and the community I once had. Choosing a beat-em-up to play through really makes me feel good about what I'm doing, and what you guys are watching too! 
This is a game from my childhood, that I never had the pleasure of getting my hands on. I played the demo endlessly, and if that swamp level is in the complete game, then... I'm gonna breeze right through it! I have always wanted to put some work into it, and now I have a chance, and a reason to see it through to completion! There's also the fact that there's very little footage of it floating around, and I definitely feel as though this is a game that beat-em-up fans should check out. The only playthrough I could find on YouTube wasn't even in English, as a matter of fact! I just got a new EasyCap and it seems to be working well, so I'm looking forward to recording console games again!
Also, since it's single player, I won't have to worry about the times I'm free to play and the times my partner is free to play. I think it's about time I started to look out for myself, no? I spent a lot of time deliberating how I wanted to get this on film, and I bought all the necessary parts for this to work, so I'm hoping it does. I plan on filming on my laptop with my easycap, while using my turtle beach headset's headphones to hear the in-game music, while I use the microphone on it to talk through my laptop. I tested that setup a couple times and it seemed to work via ps3, so I'm hoping it'll work via PS1/2 as well. I could play the game on the PS3, sure, but I'd actually rather play it on the actual PS1 or my PS2, since I have so much extra space on my six PS1 memory cards. Yep, I've got 6 of them. I have 4 PS2 memory cards, but I'm actually running out of space there. 
Also, for a little background on the game, I'm pretty sure that it was the basis for Kung Fu Panda. The game revolves around anthropomorphic animals that do martial arts. The main character's a tiger, and you have to defeat the Dragon Warrior. There's also the fact that DreamWorks Interactive are the developers, and I didn't realize that until I actually bought the game.
I'm not sure when you guys should be expecting to see this, but as of this very moment, I have a couple videos leftover from SMITE'S open beta, I have another video of the after-match animations to make (The loss animations for all the guardian-class Gods, if you're wondering), and some leftover complete videos of Super Smash Land. After all of that is up I plan on starting up Unfair-Y Tales, but! This series will come, I SWEAR IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment