Search This Blog!

Monday, October 19, 2015

My laptop has the worst luck

So I tweeted about this a couple days ago, but I don't know how many people actually follow me on Twitter, so I think a blog entry might be a good choice too. For those of you that don't know, I use the Easycap to record from my PS1/PS2/GC/DC/Wii on my laptop. My laptop's screen failed about a week ago, and even though I have it hooked up to a monitor right now, I won't be able to film anything with it for a while, until I can figure out what the actual issue with the screen is. I thought for a second it was the GPU again, but it's not (THANK YOU SKY WIZARD!). I'm banking on it being the inverter, because if you look really closely you can tell that the screen is on, it's just incredibly dark. That being said, I won't be able to record anything on any of those consoles in the near future. Looks like I'm actually being forced to play current gen things, oh no!
Speaking of that, one of my big get-together plans for one of Okamigakure's videos has always been a server of just people we know all playing Fistful of Frags on Steam. Just GrimJak and CreepshowKate make for an amazing round, but I think a whole room of us would be absolutely amazing! If you'd like to join in on the fun, please let me know. Fistful of Frags is free to play, so don't worry if you don't have the game, everyone can grab it! 
I'm looking to sink some time into some series that I have begun and not done anything with in a while, so you can expect me to be bringing them back in the near future! What with me only being able to record from semi-modern devices, most of my content should be HD coming up too, haha. I'm also looking for an alternative to Fraps for recording on Windows 10. Since I upgraded to Win10 I have not been able to edit any of the videos I record in Fraps without first re-rendering them in Windows Movie Maker on my laptop. Any other thing I try ends with the videos breaking PowerDirector, causing a myriad of errors. The most common of these errors is a "media source error," which I can't seem to find a way to circumvent. It slows down the video editing processes on a grand scale if I have to re-render each and every video before I can edit them... If anyone has any suggestions for an alternative to Fraps (besides OBS, which I also use), I'd greatly appreciate it! Please and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment