Search This Blog!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Partnership!

About... probably well, two years ago now, I got a random message from a partnership network (Zoomin.tv Games if you're wondering) on YouTube. At the time, I didn't really know what was going on with that... So I did some research, learned about the networks, and decided to resolve myself to get somewhat serious, at least clean my channel up, and when I was ready, I would reply/apply to some partnership networks. 
That's when I actually started being proactive. I actually began to care about my videos, and where they could take me. I'm actually still trying to clean up all of my videos, but I'm almost there. I never put tags on my videos before, or proper descriptions/the rest of the metadata, so I've had to go through all my videos and fix them up, which has been a hassle, but it certainly has paid off in the long run, I suppose!
Anyway, fast forward to last month, I check my e-mail in the morning via daily routine, and I have a message from a talent scout for fullscreen, and I'm all I dunno this group. To be fair, I had no idea who Zoomin.tv was either. I had pretty much exclusively looked into gaming partnerships up until this point. But Fullscreen is basically the biggest network on the YouTubs, and I was like WOW, they actually found me and think I have potential? That's actually kind of amazing. As of the 7th, I became a partner! 
Now, you might be asking things like "What does that mean?" Well, actually, there are lots of benefits to joining a network, as opposed to simply partnering with YouTube. First of all, you get help and support. You also get access to better paying ads. Fullscreen has a whole suite of tools available to creators to use to improve their channels too! Also, there's promotion and a community that I can link up with too. 
Really though, what I want to say with this post is thank you. Thank you to everyone that's supported me, and still continues to support me. It really does mean a lot to me, probably more than most of you that simply know Kage_Okami could ever hope to fathom. 
I'm gonna do my best to make all of you proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment