Search This Blog!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Okamigakure Hosted Tournament #2

I decided last year during my birthday party that I'd start hosting an annual tournament. Last year's tournament actually ended up being three tournaments, and it took WAAAAAAAY longer than I expected to get through them (If you're interested, I've got a playlist for them here). I'm going to make sure that this year there is just one tournament, and I'm relatively certain a lot more of our partygoers will enter, since this year's game isn't going to be too niche, like Skylanders is.
While I don't actually know when my big birthday shindig is going to be yet, since I've got a ton of other crap to plan beforehand, I DO know what game we'll be playing this year. A few of the core Okamigakure already know and console-permitting have had time to get a little bit of practice in, but I'm going to announce here what we'll be playing and streaming this year!
The 2015 Okamigakure hosted tournament will be.... 





POWER STONE

When I have more information on the time and all that jazz, I'll let you guys and gals (and also my partygoers of course) know! I've got to decide the rules we'll be playing by and all that.
You might be wondering why I chose Power Stone 1 and not 2, but that's actually a simple question to answer. I prefer 1 over 2. While Power Stone 2 had more expansive levels, more items and four player action, there actually was a whole set of combos removed from the game. That's one thing that I absolutely abhor in game design, when you remove something that existed in a previous game in a series. Examples that I ESPECIALLY ABHOR include removing the blinkers from cars in Saints Row the Third and REMOVING TWO WHOLE BUTTONS in Marvel vs Capcom 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment