Search This Blog!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Starting the Year Off Right!

Hey guys and gals! A new year has dawned, welcome one and all to 2015! I plan on starting this year off right, both personally as well as via my online persona! That means there's a couple changes coming down the line.
More often than not, since I left for college, I've just been uploading and more recently streaming random crap that I've been playing, there really hasn't been much thought to it. That changes, now that I'm all caught up to exactly where I want to be, and I've finally got my hands on some new tech to roll out! I finally went the extra mile and picked up an HD Capture card, an Elgato HD60, to be precise. I've got the HDMI Splitter (and *cough* HDCP stripper *cough*) right next to me, so you can expect some true HD console streams in the near future! It's been a long time coming, hasn't it? 

Besides that, I'm well on my way to getting Unfair-Y Tales up and running. The first episode, not counting the pilot, will most definitely be out by the end of January. I'm working on the intro right now, so I can plop it down in front of every episode. I'm looking at a 20 episode season at the moment (Shhh, I know that's not a regular number of episodes for a season of something!), but I'm trying to figure out what the release schedule will be like. As of right now, I'm looking at an every other week release, on the same schedule as Twitch highlights, since the original plan for my upload schedule was to have a video uploaded on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday of each week... This will help me make that a reality, so my uploads aren't all up together. Gotta thank Kenbei for that suggestion, gotta spread the content out!
I'm also looking to finish off a couple older series, and to stream more regularly! It should be easier to stream now that I'll have a setup upstairs as well as downstairs for console pretty much ready to go at all times. As I'm writing this the plans are to stream Trap Team and Wrath Unleashed on and off for a while. Wrath Unleashed has been one of my most requested games on YouTube of all time, but the matches are so long that I don't really see it befitting of YouTube videos, and consequently, that's probably why there isn't a lot of content there. I think the game is far more suited to streaming, so I hope to get some of my audience from YouTube to move on over to Twitch as well! 
I've got one more episode of the DMTV movelist to put out, and then I'll be moving on to something else rather similar, but also that I feel there is a huge lack of content for on YouTube, and that's path guides for skylanders. The only person I know that does them is actually really obnoxious, and he basically says in all his videos "You are stupid if you don't pick the path that I chose," and that's just not the kind of attitude I can get behind. I mean, there's also the fact that I am, for all intents and purposes, a gaming hipster, so I never go out of my way to do what other people are doing. I've decided the path guide videos will stick strictly to the actual paths, as anyone and everyone can get all the regular moves leading up to the paths and the soul gem abilities. I'll also make a mention and an explanation of the Wow Pows where applicable, since choosing which series Skylander to buy is also a decision that you generally can't go back on. 
In regards to me, as a person, I intend to try and go as far as I can with my eBay store, while I look for other means of employment. I've got tons of geeky goodness, especially in regards to variant skylanders up in my store, so check it out! I've got tons of comic con promo posters there too, so if your walls happen to be bare, I think we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement. 
2014 was a pretty good year for me, but I intend to make 2015 even more awesome, how about you guys?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment